We’re eager to begin a new tradition.
This fall, the elders will set aside an evening to take questions from Heritage members. We’ll call this our annual, “Elders Q&A.” We may host smaller and more focused Q&A sessions here and there as needed, but this will be an opportunity we return to each year.
Here’s what we’re aiming at: to promote openness, mutual affection, and add clarity and energy to our shared life and mission. This will also be an opportunity to share a bit about how our eldership works and what our elder team is working on.
Our first Elders Q&A will take place at our Family Meeting on November 24, at 4:30 pm. We’ll plan for an hour and fifteen minutes with dinner to follow.
If you have a question—think doctrine, church life, plans for our shared mission, etc.—we hope you will submit it in the next few weeks, before November 3. Here are six ways to ask your questions:
- Text. Super convenient. Text your question to 864.735.7465.
- Email. Email your question to email@example.com.
- Write. Grab a Connection Card on Sunday, scratch out your question, and drop that in an offering plate or offering box.
- Form. Submit a question here.
- Tell. Communicate your question for the Q&A to an elder in person or through email. They’ll ask you to write it down at some point, but you’re welcome to start with a conversation.
- Show Up. Show up with your question on November 24th. The elders will take some questions from a mic during the evening.
Of course, it would be helpful to receive your questions early. This helps us notice recurring themes, know how to devote time to particular questions, and order our time in a way that best serves the congregation.
A disclaimer: we won’t be able to answer every question that gets asked. However, if you put your name on a question and we did not answer it at the Q&A, we will reach out to answer that question for you in person or by email. In some cases, we may devote a blog-post to the topic.
Before the Q&A, get acquainted with Heritage’s elders at the About Page. See you in November.