Welcoming college students from near and far
To help college students to know God, treasure his gospel, serve his church, and claim his mission.
College years are formative years. We want this season to be formative for the glory of Christ and the good of the church. This is why we call our college ministry Impact. We’re committed to gospel-impact among our students in these formative years.
An Outreach Ministry
Our town is home to transient communities of college students, and we want to welcome these young men and women in the name of Christ.
An Entry Point
Flowing from the conviction that the church needs students and students need the church, we lead students to lean into robust participation within the larger church.
The Gospel Through and Through
Everything we want for our students begins with gospel, for it is in and through the gospel that we have come both to be known by God and to know God.
Large Group Meetings
Since we come both to know God and to grow in Christ through the proclamation of the gospel, our Sunday evening Impact gatherings are our first point of contact with students. On most Sundays, our students gather at 5:45 p.m. in The Cave in order that the word of Christ may dwell in us richly (Col. 3:16). See the calendar in Links & Resources for meeting dates and times.
Small Group Gatherings
Impact is committed to practicing the one-anothers of Scripture (Jn. 13:34; Rom. 12:10; 15:7; Gal. 5:13; Eph. 4:2, 32; etc.). To that end, our students meet once a month in the homes of our adult leaders (10-12 students per home), where they can relate as individuals to other individuals, sharing with and caring for each other in the Word and through prayer. Small groups normally take place on the first Sunday of the month in place of large group meetings. See the calendar in Links & Resources for small group dates and times.
Our adult sponsors love the students God has entrusted to them. Impact leaders regularly meet with our students one-on-one, -two, or –three to build relationships and seek to meet their personal spiritual needs. In these one-on-one settings, we seek to bring the good news of the gospel to bear upon the circumstances of the student’s life.
All students participating in Impact for the 2023-2024 school year are asked to complete this form, regardless of prior involvement.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- 2023-2024 Impact Calendar
- An Open Letter to Graduating High School Seniors by Kevin DeYoung
- “Adoption in Christ: A Story of Unimaginably Good News” by Dan Cruver
- “Delighting in the Trinity” by Michael Reeves
- “King Jesus on Your Campus: Resources for Effective College Ministry” by Matt Smethurst
- “Church and the College Years” by Jon Nielson
- “4 Myths that Keep College Students from Joining a Church” by Jim Davis
- Who Am I?—Identity in Christ by Jerry Bridges
- Education or Imitation?: Bible Interpretation for Dummies Like You and Me by Curtis Alen
- Hit List: Taking Aim at the Seven Deadly Sins by Bob Lepine and Brian Hedges
If you have any questions or want to know more about how to get involved, please contact Matt Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.